Monday, February 07, 2005

What a great day!

Today I attended an inservice which was exceptionally inspiring. I used the word "synchronicity" and the presenter knew what I was talking about. Of course, she would, she's from California. My heart and soul are in the west. I love the mountains in Montana and Colorado and the beautiful deserts of Utah, Arizona and New Mexico. Some day I will leave Ohio, my home for most of my life, and move to where the people speak my language, words like environment, meditate, drum circles, care of earth and recycle. The Midwest, unfortunately, doesn't speak the same language. There are pockets of people who do, but finding them is difficult. I believed for a long time that as long as I was near family, I could settle anywhere. After being away for so long, that became very important. But it's been 15 years and my spirit knows there is a place I belong. Responding to the terrain in a spiritual way has become essential. My heart is alive in the desert or near the mountains. When I'm there, I feel I have come home, and maybe, I have.

No comments: