Sunday, February 20, 2005

from The Way of the Traveler

"My story is the journey of my life through time and space. It is a tale of valiant undertakings--fording rushing rivers, making my way through the dark woods, crossing the long, wide fields, battling dragons--this leads me to the crystal palace of wisdom.
Returned, I gather the threads of the journey. I prepare to tell my tale.
And what I have to say is this: "once upon a time....."

Once upon a time my life was planned out in minute detail. I was to be the princess and he the prince. We would grow old together and be buried together. But that was once upon a time and now I wonder who was I then, that I believed in such tales?

Now I know that the only prince in my life is the strength of my own spirit tested, fired in the hottest of fires and found to be resilient and faithful.
I go forth to battle dragons.

No comments: