Sunday, February 13, 2005

a dream of mine

I want to blog about a dream I have. In 3 years I should be ready to retire. I am not waiting until I'm 65. I have had this dream for some time. I don't know where it came from but it's been hanging around for a number of years. I want to travel all over the North American continent in an RV. Almost a year ago on Valentine's Day I bought a Toyota Tundra access cab half ton truck. That was the first step towards realizing my dream. The next step will be to sell the house, buy an RV and begin my adventure as a rookie.

My traveling will have a purpose or purposes. One of the things I would like to do is join groups in different places that meditate for world harmony and peace. Another possibility is to tutor on reservations wherever I am needed or wanted. I would probably work where I stay to earn my keep. My retirement will keep me afloat if jobs are scarce. Most of what I want to do will be on a volunteer basis. I may be doing this alone or with my oldest daughter.

I have done research about different kinds of RVs and think I know the brand I want. I have friends who are full timers, as they're referred to, and they just love it. I know there will be difficulties but I will try to do as much research and learning as I can in the next 3 years. I go to every RV show I can and talk to RV owners as much as I can.

What excites me is traveling and seeing as much of the country as I can. My children have their reservations. They wonder if I will be safe. There are more and more single women doing this. It will be a way for me to visit them and have my own place to stay. Writing about this dream makes it come alive. I don't need much space to live in. My kids will be happy when they don't have to clear out years of accumulated clutter. I just hope my health holds out. So far so good.

No comments: