Thursday, July 28, 2005

Tuesday is moving day

Today I walked through my house recalling all the indecision I had over the past two years. Now that the decision has been made, and my house is getting closer to being completed, I can't imagine not making anything but this decision.

Carpet was installed last weekend and I am having the cable and newspaper changed to the new address so I guess that means it's really going to happen.

My home will reflect my love of earth and her creatures. There will be a water fountain just inside the front door. My daughter Elyse is calling the living room, the "Forest Room". We are going to use her pictures from trips she has taken other summers to decorate that room.

One of my favorite pictures is of ancient Cedar trees taken in Idaho. I remember walking along the pathway observing the absolute stillness and majesty of the Cedar forest. My friend, Gretchen, whom we visited in Idaho, also took us to see a Cedar tree that was around before the birth of Christ. I put my hand on the wood of its trunk and was in awe over its endurable spirit.

For the first time in my life, my home will truly reflect who I am and what is important to me. I wanted it to be a sanctuary. The whole experience for me has been one of insight and deep reflection. That is due to many things but mostly because of Tara, the special person who took my house and me on a journey. With gentle guiding hands, she transformed what was plain into something rich with color, mood and song.

Every house should be so fortunate.