Tuesday, January 25, 2005

untitled

I have been blogging with "Steven" and now his mom is starting a blog. It's so much fun to get to know people through the blog. I really can't remember getting this excited about writing thoughts down "on screen" before I started (thanks to my daughter, Erin) my blog. Email is not the same. What I love about blogging is that when thoughts come to my head, I can get them down before they fade. I like matching pictures to my entries. For me, a picture centers me and expresses "the color" behind my thoughts. I will always write on screen before picking up a journal and jotting down ideas. It's not private, but I gain the most from the honesty of other bloggers. I want to be honest too. Where I've been honest is in my poetry. What I like about writing poetry on the blog is that I can write and it's really up to the reader to interpret. My original reason behind my words may not be theirs. My thoughts remain my own.

4 comments:

Steven said...

In some Blogging Nations this would make us officially married, Somsoc.
I feel the same thrill. The other day a friend of mine asked: "Why do so many people have Blogs?" It made me think of the story of Henry Thoreau when a friend of his visited him in jail. The friend asked: "Why is it you are in jail as a consciencious objector?" To which Thoreau replied: "Why is it you are not?"

Steven said...

I know what you mean Erin. Talk about long distance relationships...

Now let's see some of those juicy stories; even the juicy bug stories.

somsoc said...

Yes, I would. I would completely freak out. But what could I say? You deserve excitement too. Poor grandma told me years later, after my send off to PNG, she went home and sobbed on her bed. Children don't owe parents a "safe life". Just be prepared if and when you have your own, that they may go the adventurous route too.

somsoc said...

Another PNG story: How many times did I open the drawers of my dresser to discover a gecko, a cockroach or a lizard? I remember when one of Seth's friends came to the house wearing a snake wrapped around his neck. Who needed TV?