Saturday, January 22, 2005

It's snowing again

I like snow. I like being in my house looking out the windows. I like watching it, walking in it and having it touch my skin. I like "snow days", time to think, time to wonder what summer will bring. Where will I go this summer? What beautiful part of the west will I explore this year? Some of my pleasure is troubled, though, because I know out there somewhere there are people who aren't looking through windows to the outside. They are wondering where they go tonight? Will there be food to eat? Always walking in someone else's shoes, people tugging at my mind, not quite perfect peace. I am thankful for those who do something, not just reflect.
That could be me.

1 comment:

Steven said...

What I've found most amazing as I chat with people in Thailand is how resiliant they are. The peoples of these ancient cultures have endured unimaginable suffering and yet they embrace life and never give up. I look forward to knowing that culture first hand. Keep writing, and stay warm.