Wednesday, January 19, 2005

hummingbirds

Someone named Steve commented on my blog. I thought that was pretty cool. He also likes hummingbirds, a fact I failed to mention in my profile.
My recent experience with several hummingbirds happened this summer on my camping trip to Utah. My daughter and I were camping in the desert. On more than one occasion, hummingbirds flew up to me and hovered for a few seconds before darting off. Having never had this happen before I was mesmerized. It was almost like they were greeting me. During one hike, a hummingbird followed me and seemed to be prompting me to continue down the path, flitting ahead and returning to hover nearby. When I came back home I looked up hummingbirds on the internet for their totem meaning. One site listed them as a symbol for ressurection. I thought that was nice because my mother had passed away the March before. She loved birds and I longed to tell her about my "hummingbird experience". I felt sad I couldn't. After pondering the symbolism of the little h-birds, I took comfort in believing she had shared the experience with me.

1 comment:

Steven said...

Well, I was pretty excited when you commented on my Blog too. And I think you're pretty cool.