Sunday, July 13, 2008

sorrow of sorrows

I am feeling as if my heart would break.....again
reliving the wedding that ended in so much sorrow and grief

it's my daughter's turn and I pray
that her experience will not be like mine
that she will know happiness and security
that her differences will be reconciled.

I want to wrap myself in bubble wrap
so as not to feel any of the jabs and stabs
that may come my way, real or imagined.

just get through this, I say, not to anyone
no one must know the panic that I feel
knowing that memories cannot be stopped
no matter how painful they are

replace those with good ones of my daughter
and her beginnings, filled with so much
hope for the future.
Please, God, help me to focus on this,
just this.

1 comment:

Madurai citizen said...

Don't worry

God is Great

Jai Sai Ram